What does the application process involve?
- Complete our online application.
- Official transcripts from EVERY college or university that you have attended
- Basic academic skills proficiency: Applicants are not required to earn a minimum score for admission. ALL applications will be considered.
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Test
- Earned Master’s degree with Official Transcript
- Current resume
- Recommendation forms are available via the application portal
- Personal statement
- Background check
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Complete interview
- Read the Marian University Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities
All admission documents must be received at least two weeks before start of each semester.
- Apply online in our application portal.
- Upload a copy of your current resume with your online application.
- A personal statement or essay (maximum 500 words) should be submitted with online application. It should:
- Explain your interest in becoming a teacher.
- Outline your professional goals.
- Describe your interest in a culture and/or language different from your own.
- Reflect on your own learning experiences.
- Send official transcripts directly to Marian University's Office of Undergraduate Admission for all previously attended high schools and colleges. For any university you attended that is not in the United States, we require a course-by-course evaluation. Evaluations must include the U.S. equivalency, a course-by-course list, and copies of the original transcripts.
If your university does not provide transcripts in English, we require a word-for-word translation of the transcript. You can translate the transcript yourself, but we recommend using a third-party translator like indytranslations.com.
- If your native language is not English, send an official English language proficiency test result directly to Marian University. Minimum acceptable scores are:
- TOEFL IBT 69
- IELTS 6.0
- ELS Level 112
- PTE 48
- Two of your professional references should be uploaded to your application portal. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted.
- Obtain a criminal history background check from the Indiana State Police – INkless. Please follow the instructions available at marian.edu/backgroundcheck to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. This will ensure that the results are sent to Marian University.
- Pay the required, non-refundable $50 online application fee.
- Thoroughly review the Marian University Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities. As an accepted student, you are expected to abide by the code outlined in this document.
Where should you send your application documents?
Send your required application documents to:
Office of Graduate Admission
3200 Cold Spring Road
Indianapolis, IN 46222-1997
What are the tuition rates?
Please visit the Business Office "Tuition Rates" page. Credit hours vary based on the program and anticipated licensure area. Degree programs are a minimum of 36 credit hours. Licensure-only programs are approximately 21 credit hours.
Cost DOES NOT include the $50 application fee, rental of cap and gown for graduation, costs for purchasing textbooks, and other university fees.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step toward getting federal and state aid for your graduate studies.
Learn more about Marian’s master's in special education program!
Marian University’s Master of Arts in Special Education provides students with the tools they need to become special education teachers. Interested in learning more about this opportunity? Request more information today or contact Marlon Llewellyn, at email@example.com.